Job Description and Duties:
Seeking a Desktop Support Technician with 1+ years experience. We are seeking someone energetic and passionate about technology with the willingness to learn. This role is in a technology driven office environment, and offers an opportunity to expand the resources skill set to more advanced technologies. The Desktop Support Technician will assist the IT Administrator. The Technician provides end-user support. This includes support for all the company’s PCs and printers. This role includes some basic network/server work.
Qualified candidates must have appropriate skills and experience in hardware and software installation/configuration and basic PC repairs and upgrades. Candidates also must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office applications. Basic knowledge of HP printers and network systems (TCP/IP, data cabling/connectivity, print servers) is required.
This position is responsible for providing technical support and assistance to all ESS personnel. The Technician will manage day-to-day maintenance of PCs and printers for all ESS personnel and departments.
Strong preference will be given to local candidates.
· Provide first line support for all PCs including troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades and applications
· Deployment of new PCs/printers, including un-packaging and setup, OS-level installs, application installs, and physical deployment of hardware
· Perform preventive maintenance on PCs and printers
· Install hardware and software for clients and departments
· Install/configure/repair network and local printers
· Provide operational assistance duties as needed, including backup tape swap, network cable patch downs, phone system support, etc.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to ensure their timely completion
· Document procedures for software installs
· Document software and hardware inventories of end-user PCs
· Work with our outside vendors on new software/hardware products including resolving issues
· Work independently on various new hardware and software technologies related to the security industry
· Ability to build positive personal relationships with end-users and internal staff
· Ability to communicate and interact with end-users and internal staff